Pages

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Wanted: Volunteers to Eat Chocolate Every Day

Now here's my idea of a dream job: Volunteers needed to eat chocolate every day.

Researchers studying the potential health benefits of dark chocolate at UEA in Norwich, Norfolk, need 40 women to test specially made bars.

But there's a catch. Isn't there always? Participants must be post-menopausal and have type 2 diabetes to help see whether flavonoid compounds in chocolate can reduce the risk of heart disease.

O.K, I don't qualify, but I'll be waiting to learn the results on this test.

To read the entire article, go here.

The chocolate is made by a Belgian chocolatier and is said to have a bitter taste. High in cacao content? I'll have to find out more. In terms of diabetes, this seems to be right up there with the camel milk chocolate.

1 comment:

~~louise~~ said...

Thank goodness, I don't qualify either but I sure am curious as to the results. Keep us posted:)