Pages

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Grilled Peaches with Dark Chocolate

So the weekend is coming up, and peaches are in season. Yes, I could make something complicated, but I know I'll be grilling. Here's a simple recipe for Grilled Peaches with Dark Chocolate adapted from an Epicurious recipe for Grilled Brown-Sugar Peaches with White Chocolate. That's a great recipe, too, and I love it with the toasted pistachios. I don't like pistachios with the dark chocolate and peaches. It's just a matter of taste. I'm off to the Farmers' Market this weekend for peaches! Love all the varieties.

Grilled Peaches with Dark Chocolate

4 tablespoons sweet butter, melted
2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
4 unpeeled peaches, halved, pitted
1/3 cup finely chopped dark chocolate (I like  85% dark organic fair trade chocolate)

Get the barbecue to a medium-high heat. We use a Weber, so judge accordingly when you think it's hot. Make sure the grates are clean--brush the grate with a tiny bit of oil right before the peaches go on.
Blend butter and sugar in large bowl. Add peach halves; toss to coat.
Place peaches, cut side down, on grill. Grill about a minute until slightly charred.
Turn peaches over (use tongs).
Divide chopped dark chocolate among peach cavities. Drizzle remaining butter/sugar mixture from bowl over chocolate.
Grill until chocolate just begins to melt and peaches are charred, about 2 minutes.
Remove carefully from grill and plate.

2 comments:

~~louise~~ said...

Oh goodness, Janet. Grilled Peaches with chocolate, heavenly.

I almost did a post for National Peach Month thinking it was in July but it seems it is now celebrated in August. I'll be saving this link for sure. (Reagan designated July 1982 as National Peach Month.) I'm going with August since most others are too:)

Thanks for sharing...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE you new look!!! I need a new facelift too:)

Janet Rudolph said...

Thanks, Louise, it was just a new blogger template, but I think it's so much cleaner. Thanks for mentioning! I love your blog.. still looks new and fresh!