Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Chocolate Chip Macaroons: April Birthday Vintage Ad

Here's a Vintage Ad from Baker's Chocolate. April Birthday Party. Snowdrop Birthday Cake, Animal Cracker Place Cards, Chocolate Chip Macaroons and more!  So, Happy Birthday to my April Birthday Friends.

Baker's has a one bowl Chocolate Chip Macaroon recipe in this ad. Simple and delicious. There are even some substitute ideas for the macaroons. Of course, you can use any fabulous ingredients you'd like, but I've copied the recipe as it was printed in April 1962. Recipe below.

Chocolate Chip Macaroons 
Ingredients
1 cup Semi-Sweet Baker's Chocolate Chips
2 cups Baker's Angel Flake Cocoanut
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/4 tsp salt
*1 tsp vanilla
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk

Combine chocolate chips, coconut, baking powder and salt. Add vanilla and condensed milk and mix well. Drop from teaspoon on lightly greased baking sheet and bake in slow oven (325 F) 12 minutes, or until "deliciously" browned. Makes about 26 macaroons.
* One teaspoon grated orange rind may be added with vanilla. Or 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract may be substituted for vanilla.

3 comments:

Bobbi Mumm said...

Being an April girl, born in the 60s, this post plucked at my heart. I laughed about "making sure it's a happy birthday party". Because I grew up on a sheep farm, my April birthday parties featured my squeamish town friends squealing in delight and disgust over the birthing of new lambs.

Chocolate Montreal said...

Seems delicious historical chocolate recipe. I am 20 and I love trying new chocolates recipes but I did not believe that I would be trying chocolate recipe of 1962. Awesome :) and hope the taste too.

Thanks for sharing
Elena

Janet Rudolph said...

So, Bobbi, you had 'real' animal crackers for your April Birthday Guests ":}