Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

MEMORIAL DAY 1943: Chocolate is a Fighting Food

I see a lot of Chocolate Advertisements in Life Magazine, and during WWII there were many. I've posted some before, but thought that today, being Memorial Day, I would add these two from Nestle's. "Chocolate is a Fighting Food."

Nestle's produced the D-ration chocolate that was sent to our infantry during WWII. "Chocolate supplies the greatest amount of nourishment in the smallest possible bulk. So wherever America fights, the Army uses chocolate in the form of emergency rations, selected because it contains so much quick energy."

Be sure and take time today to remember those who defended our country. 





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fighting? Nice!

Spencer said...

What an excellent advertising strategy!

Anonymous said...

I'm convinced - going to eat more chocolate!
Mary x

Janet Rudolph said...

Yep, gives you energy..

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A nice post! I hope you had a lovely Memorial Day.

Cheers,

Rosa

What's Baking?? said...

I never knew the military on choc diet to keep alive! i eat choc to keep my cravings alive!! lol