Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Retro Mixmaster Mother's Day Ad: Chocolate Cake Recipe

I adore Retro Advertisements and this one is particularly close to my heart. My mother had a Sunbeam Mixmaster. So many cookies, cakes and brownies were made with that Mixmaster. I don't have my mother's Sunbeam Mixmaster, but I have my mother-in-law's--the same model with all the attachments. I use my Kitchenaid Mixer mostly, but I love the functionality of the old Mixmaster War Horse. It still works, and I'll bet my mother-in-law got it in the 40s or 50s.

So, for Mother's Day, here's a Sunbeam Mixmaster Mother's Day Advertisement from Life Magazine, May 1, 1950, complete with Chocolate Cake recipe. What are you making for Mother's Day?




3 comments:

ISO Training said...

I'm really loving your blog right now! Thanks for sharing this one! I'll definitely try this one out!

Oxford Girl said...

My first cake I ever made 55 years ago. Made again for son's birthday.

Bird of Paradise said...

My mom had one of those made all our cakes and frostings using it and the best part for me and my sister was getting to lick the beaters afterwards