Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Creme Brulee Truffles: National Creme Brulee Day

J Truffles-Creme Brulee
Today is National Creme Brulee Day. I love Creme Brulee, and I love Truffles. So instead of a recipe today, I thought I'd do a mini-review of some of my favorite Creme Brulee Truffles.

One of my favorite Creme Brulee truffles is made by JTruffles (Seattle Truffles). Not just is it fabulous with a rich vanilla custard ganache made with pure vanilla, 40% cream and a layer of carmelized sugar, but it's cover in a dark chocolate shell in a classic decor pyramid shape. I love J Truffles, if I haven't mentioned it before. I was lucky to meet the creator at the Napa Chocolate Salon a few years ago. Definitely a treat into the whole candy making and design philosophy. 


Kee's Chocolates in New York also makes a great Creme Brule Truffle. It's a dark chocolate bonbon filled with creme brulee. This beauty needs to be eaten within two days. Very fresh and yummy!

Chocolatier Blue makes a mean Creme Brule Truffle. Haven't had this specific truffle in awhile, but I'm always amazed at the truffles from Chocolatier Blue! Chris Blue makes the most amazing tasting and looking truffles. Love all the truffles! Unique flavors made with fabulous organic products.


Want a unique twist on a Creme Brulee Truffle?  Moonstruck Chocolate Company makes a wicked Creme Brulee Werewolf Truffle. It's a seasonal treat composed of a milk chocolate ganache, heavy cream and carmelized sugar inside a milk chocolate werewolf shaped shell.

Godiva makes a fabulous Creme Brulee Truffle. Their Creme Brulee Truffles have a shell of white chocolate, filled with dark chocolate and vanilla ganache and an outside coating of candied sugar.

1 comment:

What's Baking?? said...

Brulees are one of the elegant dessert and yet so delicious. Love them too!