Pages

Friday, March 1, 2013

Audrey Hepburn in Galaxy Chocolate Commercial

I don't know about you, but I really don't like using dead celebrities in commercials. I really like Audrey Hepburn, and I'd rather remember her in her classic films. The footage in the ad is from Roman Holiday for which she won an Academy Award in 1953.

The commercial makes it seem like Audrey Hepburn has Galaxy Chocolate in her purse which eats before jumping into a convertible with a hunky Italian. O.K. personally I think this is just wrong, but then using the music from Moon River, a totally different movie--well, duh, why?

And did I mention the clips are colorized? The film was in black and white!

To be fair, Audrey Hepburn's children signed off on the deal with Galaxy Chocolate. But one has to ask again, why? Money? Audrey Hepburn died in 1993. R.I.P.

Thoughts?

7 comments:

Janet A said...

I think it is creepy. The Armstrong roof radio ads set my teeth on edge. The voice giving the phone number is the past owner, who has been dead for years.

LJ Roberts said...

I'm with you Janet. I really don't like this. It's a horrible amalgamation of Roman Holiday and Breakfast at Tiffany, and none of Ms. Hepburn's characters would have stolen the bus drivers hat or been arrogant enough to get in the back seat.

I also don't like this just as I don't like contemporary author using real people (i.e., Jane Austin, Edgar Allen Poe) or iconic fictional characters (Sherlock Holmes), in their own work. Be original.

Anonymous said...

I love it.....I think its clever and a great tribute to Audrey Hepburn and her family love it. Get over it and appreciate it for what it is. Its absolutely stunning color

Anonymous said...

I personally like this advert, since watching it, I have dug out a few Audrey Hepburn films to watch again. Who knows it may do the same for some other people.

Janet Rudolph said...

What a great result.. I also looked up the movies and will stream some..

Anonymous said...

We watched the movie Roman Holiday last night and Audrey Hepburn does not steal a bus driver's hat in this movie and does not even appear on a bus and her hair in the movie is not like the advert either.

Unknown said...

Ok.. Don't ANY of you even realize that the commercial is all computerized, and NOT from the movie, at all?? Lol lol lol It is definitely NOT really Audrey Hepburn... although it does look so much like her.. They did a great job! I LOVE it! Oh my goo
dness! Smh