Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX COOKIES: Guest post by Sue Trowbridge

My friend Sue knows I'm always looking for new chocolate recipes, and with the holidays upon us, she sent me this guest post! What an easy recipe!

Sue Trowbridge:
Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies

I baked some cookies on Saturday and brought a dozen over to a friend's house the next day. When she told me how much she'd enjoyed them and asked me for the recipe, I realized I had no choice but to admit just how easy they are to make -- all you need is a box of cake mix and a few other ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen! Then I decided it would be fun to share with anyone who might be looking for a super-simple recipe to try during this busy season.

The recipe is from Betty Crocker, and I used their Supermoist Chocolate Fudge Cake variety.

Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies

Ingredients
1 box chocolate cake mix (18.25 ounce box)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/4 cup granulated sugar

Directions
Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). In large bowl, mix cake mix, oil, vanilla and eggs with spoon until dough forms.
Refrigerate dough 15 to 30 minutes or as needed for easier handling. Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in sugar. On ungreased cookie sheets, place balls about 2 inches apart.
Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. Store tightly covered.

No comments: