Pages

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Chocolate Cereals: National Cereal Day!

Today is National Cereal Day! There weren't that many (if any) chocolate cereals when I was a kid, and I doubt my parents (my Dad was a pediatrician) would have allowed them at the breakfast table. But over the years since then, there have been many chocolate cereals. I'm not going to say that Chocolate Cereal is healthy, but since you'll probably add some milk, you'll be getting your calcium. It beats grabbing a candy bar for breakfast, but probably not by much. Nevertheless, since today is National Cereal Day, I thought I'd list some of the Chocolate Cereals that have hit the supermarket shelves over the years. None of these were in the cereal snack packs I had as a kid. Have any favorites? Leave a comment.

So for National Cereal Day, here are some Retro Chocolate Cereals! Be sure and scroll down for a Vintage Recipe for Cocoa Peanut Logs using Kellogg's Cocoa Krispies!

Also, check out my recipe for Chocolate Granola. There are also some healthy chocolate granolas on the market. Or you can make Chocolate Oatmeal with Chocolate Chips.






















And a retro recipe for Cocoa Peanut Logs from the back of the cereal box!




No comments: